In 1960, Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney teamed together in The Bing Crosby - Rosemary Clooney Show on CBS. This was a 20 minute show aimed at female listeners and was broadcast at 11:40 a.m. daily. Bing and Rosie would tape the dialogue weeks in advance and songs would be interpolated. The songs would usually feature Bing and Rosie singing solos and often a duet. Songs were repeated on many occasions. Murdo MacKenzie was again the producer. The shows commenced on February 29, 1960 and continued without a break until November 2, 1962 when Bing's long association with radio in the USA effectively ended.
Excerpted from "Bing Crosby - The Radio Directories" compiled by Lionel Pairpoint. Reprinted with permission.
NOTE: Updated Release! Titles and numbering of shows corrected (13-Mar-2011).
OTRR Certification Information:
Series Name: The Bing Crosby - Rosemary Clooney Show Certification Status: Accurate Certification Date: October 10, 2010 Certification Version: Version 2 Number of CDs: 4
From the Old Time Radio Researchers Group. See "Note" Section below for more information on the OTRR.
If you are interested in preserving old time radio, you may wish to join the Old Time Radio Researchers Group at Yahoo.
Relax, listen, and enjoy!
OTRR Certified Accurate -- A series that is Certified Accurate indicates that all the episodes are properly identified and labeled but that the series does not contain all known extant episodes.
OTRR Certified Complete -- A series that is Certified Complete is the highest level of certification available under the OTRR Certified Standards. This certification level implies that all the files in the series are Certified Accurate but also indicates that the series is as complete as possible -- it includes all extant episodes.
OTRR Non-Certified -- A collection of shows that has not gone through the OTRR Certification process.
February 28, 2013 Subject:
Didn't Bing do a series of five minute shows for Ford with Harry Von Zell around this time? Was it before or after the series with Clooney?
I have them all on an old drive not connected to my computer.
One day I'll hook her up.
This show was basically patter between Von Zell and Crosby, a spot for Ford, and a song, which I don't know if it was prerecorded or not.
I would think so.
February 28, 2011 Subject:
Enough Melody for a life time
Great melody, witty dialog, just a fantastic show that I can personally listen to over and over without getting tired of it. Thank you OTRR for your hard work.
October 10, 2010 Subject:
* 60/03/11 10 First Song - It Happened In Montery
* 60/03/11 10 First Song - It Happened In Monterey
* 61/11/27 455 First Song - I'm Loosing Control
* 61/11/27 455 First Song - I'm Losing Control
* 60/05/30 66 First Song - When The Red Red Robbin
* 60/05/30 66 First Song - When The Red Red Robin
* 61/09/18 405 First Song - When The Red Red Robbin
* 61/09/18 405 First Song - When The Red Red Robin
* 61/10/16 425 First Song - Keepin Out Of Mischeif
* 61/10/16 425 First Song - Keepin Out Of Mischief
* 61/10/17 426 First Song - Somethings' Gotta Give
* 61/10/17 426 First Song - Something's Gotta Give
* 61/10/30 335 First Song - This Thing Called Love
* 61/10/31 336 First Song - Anything You Can Do
* 61/11/01 337 First Song - I Can't Get Started
* 61/11/02 338 First Song - It's A Most Unusual Day
* 61/10/30 435 First Song - This Thing Called Love
* 61/10/31 436 First Song - Anything You Can Do
* 61/11/01 437 First Song - I Can't Get Started
* 61/11/02 438 First Song - It's A Most Unusual Day
* 62/05/01 566 First Song - Mountian Greenery Home
* 62/05/01 566 First Song - Mountain Greenery Home
* 62/09/12 662 First Song - Inbetween The Devil and
The Deep Blue Sea
* 62/09/12 662 First Song - In Between The Devil and
The Deep Blue Sea
April 20, 2008 Subject:
CBS Radio's News and Personality Format
This show ,although debuting before the change, was an integral part of CBS Radio's news and personality format which began November 28, 1960.This new lineup was designed to appease affiliates who wanted more of a modern programming lineup from CBS which took less out of their local schedules. 10 mins of news on the hour, 5 minute "news features" on the half hour plus Arthur Godfrey Time, Bing Crosby-Rosemary Clooney Show, Garry Moore and an edited version of the tv soundrack from Art Linkletter's House Party. This daytime lineup lasted a year and 10 months. BC-RC was axed along with the Sunday night drama hour at the end of September 1962.